Thursday, May 26, 2011

An Attack on Christ, I tell you!

Bet I get a lot of views with a title like that!

Circle of Moms has a list going on, the top 25 Faith Blogs by moms.  Believe it or not, there actually several Pagan blogs on the list!  Of course, most of the others are Christian, and one woman has already blogged about how this is an "attack on Christ", to quote her blog.  I'm not going to link here, but you can find the link to the article on The Pagan Mom Blog's Facebook page.  Pagan Mom says above the link, "This lady is not happy about some pagans being in the running for the Top 25.  All I am going to say that it's a massive motivator for me."

In addition to that, on her blog, she lists all the other Pagans in the running...So go and vote!  Let's show people that we deserve the right to call ourselves a faith, to be a Religion along with theirs.  You can vote once a day, so please keep on doing it!


The Pagan Mom Blog

Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom

Witchy Mama

Witch Mom: Parenting by the Light of the Moon

Hearth-n-Home

The Teflon Cauldron

One Witch's Wonderland

Earth Mother Musings

After some snooping around, it seems that the woman who is calling this "an attack on Christ" is not an hour and a half away from where I grew up...Bible Belt, Mennonite, Manitoba.

You know, the place where I was taught in school that the color red was evil, because it was the Devil's color?

Explains a lot, doesn't it?  We all know not all Christians believe that...but we still try to educate.

So go and vote!

Goddess Bless,

Stacy

5 comments:

  1. A zealotous christian once told me that the Devil made it rain because he controls the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Allison! If they believed the Devil controlled the air, I'm surprised they didn't try to stop breathing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the "Like" button?!

    FAITH is not the belief in Jesus Christ, it is the belief and trust in SOMETHING. It could be a person(i.e. I have faith in my spouse), a deity of any sort(i.e. Christ, God, Goddess, Bast, Isis, Diana, the Green Man) or a set of teachings(i.e. I have faith that GRAVITY will keep my feet on the ground).

    To judge people because their faith is not the same as your faith is both unchristian and hypocritical.

    Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a near - perfect description of faith, I think. Thanks, Pagan Kitty!

    Goddess Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been trying to decide what to blog about today. Now I know! Thank you, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete