Saturday, April 30, 2011

Syria

I know I don't normal post on Saturdays, but seeing as I have something to share (and I missed yesterday because of the wedding) here we are.  

This morning I found (as many already have!) the blog "A Gay Girl in Damascus". 

I don't know how old she is, but anyone going through what she has deserves to be called a woman.  She's an incredible advocate, not just for LGBT rights, but all human rights. 

Her story needs to be told, and if the comments from newspapers round the world are any indication it will be soon. 

Please go check out her post, from April 26, 2011:  My Father, The Hero

Then go and read her other posts.  This is truly what is happening in Syria right now, from this woman's perspective.  For some reason, I find it much different than a lot of what I've heard in the media...surprise surprise. 

Goddess Bless them and keep them safe.  May their dreams of living without repression come to pass.

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment