Thursday, April 28, 2011

So...How about that weather?

I'm sure it comes as no surprise to those in America, but this is an insane year for tornadoes. 

Talk about stating the obvious, I'm sure. 

The weather here, although less deadly, is just as insane.  As I write this, sanding trucks have been called out to a white-out condition blizzard 40 minutes (ish) to the south of me.  People are going off the road, and getting stranded. 

The current weather system up here is just getting started, as we are expected to still get storms for a few more days.  The weather it in the Southern United States does seem to be clearing, but so much damage has already been done.

The last report I heard about 30 minutes ago put the numbers at 202 dead in six states.  Chances are that the death toll will still rise due to the flooding now happening in several states.

I've always been interested in tornadoes.  For many years, when I was younger, it was my dream to be a tornado chaser.  I think that they are beautiful examples of the power that is held within nature.  That doesn't mean they aren't deadly, and my heart goes out to all of those who have lost to someone or who have been affected by this storm system.

Today, as so many people are reeling from the devastation of the past few days, let's all take a moment to think of them.  Send them good thoughts and energy, light a candle for them, and keep them in your prayers.

Let's all hope that the worst is over.

Goddess Bless,

Stacy

7 comments:

  1. My thoughts go with them. Most definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly hoping it is. :( My coworker and friend just came back from a business trip to Kentucky, and as they were landing there on Wednesday morning, the plane suddenly took off again... narrowly skirting a tornado that was heading towards the terminal. Absolutely terrifying, I can't imagine having been on that plane!

    And that's just one instance. I've been keeping those in the south on my mind lately, and will continue to do so as the season presses on.

    (I'm a new follower, by the way! Don't remember how I found you, but hi, I'm Steph from The Coexist Cafe! ::waves::)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Muse Mama!

    Hi Steph! ::Waves:: :) Nice to meet you! I can't imagine that, it would be doubly terrifying for me since I've never been on a plane! I'll hop on over and check your Cafe ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you, too, Stacy! :) Oh, and yeah, I was telling my friend that I need to be full of wine before getting on a plane in perfect weather -- I can't *imagine* going through what they did. Horrifying, but I'm glad all are well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wine! That's the perfect idea. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. - This is actually a replay to a comment you left on my wall :P

    Hi! Thanks for following my blog! I'm going to add your button to my button wheel. Now, the answer to your question about my horn - I found it on Ebay. There's a guy who sells them in the UK and he had several listed. If you're willing to pay a little extra for shipping costs, I'll vouch that it's well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ! Hi! That horn is super awesome. I really want to get one, I'll have to do a search! Thanks! :)

    Your button will be on my blogroll page...as soon as I have time. Haha! I was going to do it earlier...and then I just forgot. It'll get done, I promise! ;)

    ReplyDelete