Spring is officially here, and spring cleaning is in full swing. At least, I'm making an attempt at it.
I really dislike spring cleaning, especially this year. Not so much for the cleaning part, but more for the spring part. It just doesn't feel like spring.
It's -6°C here, and snowing. We are supposed to have snow for the next couple of days, then a break for a day or two and then it's supposed to snow until April 2nd. So it really doesn't feel like spring yet. In an effort to get some sense of spring into the house, I've been cleaning with lemon.
Lemon is effective against most kinds of household bacteria, so it's perfect to bring the scent of spring in and the clean feeling that spring brings. Here are some things to do with lemon:
- Clean a wooden chopping block with half a lemon to disinfect it.
- Use lemon juice and an old tooth brush to clean between tile.
- Toss slices of lemon into a pot, with some other citrus slices if you desire. Simmer on the stove for an air freshener.
- Add two TBSP Lemon juice to a coup of water, and microwave for one - two minutes to make your microwave easier to clean. Beware of super-heated water!
- To make a natural window cleaner, add the juice of one lemon to 3 cups water. The acidity in the lemon helps to wipe dust and dirt off of glass.
Have you done your spring cleaning already? What are your favorite natural cleaners to use?