Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The day after Yule

 Did everyone get to see the eclipse?  We got to see part of it, but it was so cold.  It was -23 with the windchill that night, it was freezing.  My friend, however is crazy and stayed out to take pictures.  Here is a link to her blog.  I've mentioned her before, she runs SC Photography.  Well, she caught some great photos of the eclipse and put them in sequence.  I think it looks pretty good! Check it out here.  Just click on the picture to make it bigger.

We had a great day, with far too much food.  I have a food hangover.  There was there the meal itself, with Ham, potatoes, pickled onions, fruit salad, and buns.  Then there were the treats, shortbread cookies, chocolate chip cookies, my coconut Yule log, peanut brittle, and butterscotch confetti.  Then there was dessert, dutch babies and my Vanilla pudding pumpkin cream cheese pie.  I still feel like exploding, but the little voice in the back of my head is telling me to go get a bunch of shortbread to eat for breakfast...we shall see. 

Isn't it pretty?
Sean loved his Thor's Hammer necklace I got for him.  He put it on right away and hasn't taken it off!  He put his Superman shirt on right away too.  Sean got me a beautiful necklace, I was so surprised he remembered it!  I had looked at it in a store MONTHS ago.  Isn't it gorgeous?  Spirals have special meaning for me, which is why this piece caught my eye.  It's painted on a piece of shell, and inlaid with abalone shell.  It's so gorgeous. 

Sean also got me Twilight: Eclipse (insert squeal here) on Blu-ray.  I'm such a freak for Twilight.  Love the books and the movies. 

Brianna loved her Mickey Mouse clubhouse DVD and book, and her Winnie the Pooh book.  Of course, she didn't care about the clothes, because, well, she's a toddler.  Her favorite gift was the Alphabet blocks though.









She played with it for ages before she got bored.  First thing this morning she started playing with it again too! 


Here she is with all of her gifts.  Her little leggings, a book hiding underneath them.  Here Micky Mouse DVD and Winnie the Pooh book, and her blocks.  This is the only picture she stayed still for, she started throwing blocks everywhere after this! 

My parents came over to celebrate with us, we ate and played Wii all evening.  A very modern Yule, but a good one nonetheless! 

I hope everyone else had a great Yule as well! 

Goddess Bless,

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment