Monday, October 10, 2016

Hello again!

It's been a while.  A long while.  At least 2 or 3 years.

I just went back and checked my posts.  It's actually been about 4 years, especially since I didn't post a lot on the new domain.

I know - I've said before about other people - that you shouldn't apologise or need to give a reason for being away from your blog.  Honestly though - 4 years.

I know I made a few posts about it on the other domain, but we moved into a new house.  The same week we moved in, I had a miscarriage.  I struggled with some depression after that.  Then, I had so many things going on - trying to make a temple work locally, my degree work, multiple posts a week on here, the books, everything.  I burned myself out.

I've spent much of the last few years in a kind of listless haze.

I'm starting to get over the hump, so to speak.  I needed to recharge, and I've done quite a bit of that.  I won't be jumping back into everything.  I don't want to.  I want to work on things on my own time, and do what feels right for me - which I wasn't really doing before.

No deadlines, no nothing.  I'll be changing a lot on the blog to reflect where I am now, though.

 It's been a bit of a shock to come back and find so many of the blogs and publications I knew were no longer running.  So at least I'm not the only one.  What have you been up to since I've been gone?

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment