Thursday, June 2, 2011

A little bit of Sweetness - Banana Bread

I thought I would share with you all my Banana Bread, seeing as I've made two loaves this week with the way Sean doesn't eat the bananas we keep buying.  o_O

Yes.  In any case, here we are!  Everyone loves Banana Bread.

Best Banana Bread


1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
½ Cup Vegetable Oil
1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup mashed ripe Banana
2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Baking Powder
½tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Grease a 9in x 5in loaf pan.  In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs and oil.  Mix well.  Add vanilla extract.  Mix in bananas.  In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and   salt.  Add a third at a time to the wet batter, mixing well after each addition.  The batter will be very thick.  Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.

This is really awesome with a cup of Chocolate Chips thrown in.  I've even made it more of a tropical loaf by adding a cup of coconut!

The original recipe only called for a ½ tsp of Vanilla...to which I said HA!  Not to mention having magickal properties or comforting and security, vanilla is just plain awesome.  

Goddess Bless,

Stacy


1 comment:

  1. Oh yum. I love banana bread! My Momma has a killer recipe as well. But throwing in those chocolate chips sounds divine.

    Thanks for sharing, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete