Thursday, April 14, 2011

Weather Magick: Should we or Shouldn't we

Most of the time I am definitely of the opinion that we shouldn't mess with the weather.  One little change here can spark infinite changes elsewhere, as we all know.  Or should know. 

Regardless, there can be days where I think about changing my mind.  Like today, for instance!  Yesterday was a gorgeous day.  A going out without a sweater kind of day, I think it got up to +8.  Celsius, of course.  The ground was nice and dry, you could see the grass coming back.  I was debating getting out my sandals.

Today?


Yep, that's what we woke up to.  It only stopped snowing a couple hours ago, we got about half a foot.  Needless to say, it was tempting.

I know some people that use the energy in the weather to help put more power into their rituals and other work.  I myself have no issue influencing the weather on occasion, more of an asking, "Hey, drop that rain over there, please!" instead of trying to control it.  I've found that most people I've known who try to control and manipulate the weather fail at it, and instead bring about worse weather.
Do you use weather magick?  How do you feel about controlling the weather?

Goddess Bless,

Stacy

4 comments:

  1. I live in Minnesota. I grew up in Southern California and lived there until my mid 20s. You can imagine the relationship I have with snow. I would certainly consider weather magick if I woke up to that. But, like you, I try not to dabble in places where I don't know what the ultimate outcome may be.

    When it has come to things I've been unsure about in the past, I work energy, but leave it to the Gods to decide how to use it. Should it rain? Should a friend get the outcome she wants on a certain personal issue? If I don't know, I lift it up, but work for the "best good". I may not be sure what that is, but I'm sure They do.

    Blessed Be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great way to do it, Muse Mama. I think I'm going to "steal" this best good idea if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on not messing with the weather - up here in Canada, I'd certainly be tempted to, but... what we wish for ourselves isn't what's good for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree completely, Gaylle! Yep, Canadian weather seems to just be asking for it. I couldn't believe when just 2 days after this post, we had another blizzard!! Yay for Canada, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete