Monday, January 3, 2011

Oimealg; or as we know it, Imbolc

Imbolc is fast approaching.  Coming up in, oh, almost exactly a month.  We all know about Imbolc.  What I want to know, is what am I going to cook?  A big part of any Sabbat for me is the food.  Speaking of Sabbat, we discovered something crazy the other day.  Sean's phone can spell Sabbat.  It can't spell "you", it turns "ahhhhhh" into "chicken", and it adds "love yo8" on the end of every sentence (I told you, it can't spell "you") but it can spell Sabbats no problem?  We were confused.  Regardless, Imbolc is a time of creativity and hearth witchery.  It's ruling Goddess, Brighid, is the Goddess of hearth and home among other things.

Imbolc's Christian name is Candlemas
Some symbols I like for Imbolc?  Braided Bread.  I've never made it before, but I'm going to try!  Pretty much anything you make yourself is nice for Imbolc.  Brighid's Crosses, dairy products and seeds.  For me, Imbolc's colors are similar to Yule's, seeing as it is still winter.  Instead of Gold, I use white.  Instead of deep Green and Red, I use light green and pink.  Softer, more gentle versions of the same colors.  We are going to be going through our books, finding a Ritual that can be molded into a more child friendly version.

Being a time of creativity, I'm going to be getting creative!  As in finally re-vamping the blog.  Over the next couple days, there will be some changes around here.  And please, if some button doesn't work or if there are any dead links please let me know, I'm pretty sure I fixed my contact form correctly.

I also want comments!  If you read my blog, and don't normally comment, I want to read what you have to say!  I want to know what you all would like in a giveaway, I need some ideas!  Once I start fiddling with the site, I want to know what you think of the new way it looks!  Give me feedback!

I also should have some exciting news coming this week, so hold on to your hats for that!  It's going to be a crazy week for me.

Goddess Bless,

S.

2 comments:

  1. I will always comment on your blog when I'm in the area. Thank you for your info on Imbolc. Doing the white candles and lt.green,pink,blue tablecloth/altar already? just by chance? Is the cell phone bilingual in some way? hehe Rather interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cell phone is not bilingual as far as we know, ha! I'll have to check it. Mostly I picked the colors based on the season where I am. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete