Thursday, December 2, 2010

Random Thursday Numbah 3

Earlier this week, a Christian columnist claimed that they've "Won the war on Christmas".  Article here.  Essentially, this person, Gary McCullough has said that

"Christians have already won the culture war by using their principles to “co-opt” rituals and holidays in America and abroad.

“We take them over, we make them our own and we mock their pagan roots,” insisted McCullough."

The article is more about Atheist practices than pagan, and while I don't agree with the American Atheist group putting up billboards against Christmas, I think that the Atheist group has actually won.  If Christian groups are this upset by it, then they've lost.

More to the point, I think it is terrible that this season is being forced to the focal point of a rights war.  It doesn't matter if you celebrate Yule, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Rohatsu,or Inti RaymiThe celebrations are all about the same thing.  Rebirth.  Kindness to others, etc.  We all know it.  Why can't we practice it?

That is the only newsy thing I'm including today.  This week went by so incredibly fast, I didn't get a chance to do my 3rd homemade Yule post, let alone find links for Random Thursday. 

I'm thinking of doing several things, the first being having a giveaway of some sort once I reach a certain number of followers.  What do you guys think I should include in a giveaway?  I'm also thinking of redoing the site, well not really re doing it but changing the colors at least.  I'm falling out of love with this gray.  I tried to put a poll on the other day but you couldn't see it because the text was the same color as the background!  So I'm thinking of changing it.  

Also, I'm debating putting some ads on the site.  Gasp!  I know.  What kind of sacrilege would that be?  However, I am a stay at home mom and while Sean makes a decent amount of money, we have a lot of debt.  It would be nice to earn something on the side.  Don't worry, though.  I'm not going to do that yet.  Also, I'll ask first.  Nicely.  I promise.
  
Today is December 2nd, and while I very much doubt he reads my blog, I would like to wish Capt. Paul Watson a very happy birthday!  It looks like there will actually be whales around for Brianna and her children to see because of him.  


I don't really have much else for today, Sean has the day off and went to town to do some Yule shopping and get new tires for the car.  You can just see the money flying away.  


I hope everyone has a great day!  Remember, there are only 18 days until Yule! 


Goddess Bless,


S.





No comments:

Post a Comment