Friday, September 16, 2011

Mabon Harvesting

Well, we are here at the start of the last weekend before Mabon.  We are actually having our public Mabon ritual on Sunday.  We have a small community at the moment, and not a lot of people can come yet, but we are slowly growing.  If you're local to central Alberta and you want to come, check our event listing!  I love Mabon.  I was going to say it's my favorite Sabbat, but I have a lot of favorites actually.  Each of them has special things that I love.  I love fall, though.  When Sean and I were first planning our wedding, we wanted a fall wedding.

Mabon is often called the Wiccan Thanksgiving.  It's never a bad thing to give thanks for the things we have.  Something that is equally as important is recognizing the things that we have worked towards.  This is a major theme of our upcoming ritual on Sunday.  Mabon is a harvest festival, and it is a perfect time to look at what things we've been able to harvest from our own lives.  What was something that we've planted, tended, watched grow through the seasons and finally harvested?

This biggest thing for me is my cookbook.  I've wanted to be an since I was in grade 2 or 3.  Its only in the last few years that I've worked hard at achieving it, though I've written a lot of things.  When we look at our lives in terms of ideas being seeds, it's easier to see.  We have ideas all the time, constantly in fact. Acting upon an idea is like planting a seed - you are planing it in your mind as a goal.  You work at achieving that goal like a farmer plowing a field, weeding it, watering it, preparing for that seed to grow into a plant mature enough to harvest.

What we did in the past is a direct correlation to our present.  Right now, we are harvesting things in our lives which we planted a year ago, two years ago, or a lifetime ago.  We need to recognize these things, and the power we each have in making our lives what we want them to be.

What things have you harvested in your life?  What are you planting now?

Goddess Bless,
Stacy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder. Sabbats and Esbats alike tend to sneak up on me. Time to get prepared. I wish I were closer, I would love to come to one of your rituals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be neat to have you come! :) The whole family could come up and squeeze into our tiny house for a visit, lol!

    ReplyDelete